Wednesday, February 6, 2013

How's training going?

Since you asked..LOL.

I'm swimming more, biking more, running..not so much.  I started back the first week in January and just after a tiny amount of running my right knee was killing me.  I finally went to an MD who prescribed an MRI oh you.  Laying in a tiny tube for :45min's wasn't fun.  After a week of waiting the results were thinning cartlidge, scar tissue, inflammation and the start of arthritis.  Why over a month later it still hurts is beyond me.  I started seeing a PT right away 2 x's per week.  We've been working on exercises to strengthen my glutes, hips, etc....he showed me how to tape my knee cap so it doesn't bother me during training.  The method we use is called McConnell taping which works amazingly well.  I have zero pain when we do this.  Today I get to run for the second time this month.  Baby steps.....

I have the hotel and flights booked for San Juan 70.3 and i'm so looking forward to seeing the island.  We'll be staying at the Hilton Caribe which looks pretty decent.  I just hope my training goes well between now and March...it's coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. It is great when you enjoy fitness and healthy lifestyle! Healthy nutrition is also vital to provide you enough fuel for active recreation. I've discovered a good resource which contains plenty of useful information on healthy nutrition, diet and training plans for everyone who wants to stay fit.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your blah blah here!